Sunday 3 September 2017

Everything Is Better With A Cape by C H Clepitt


Everything Is Better With A Cape by C H Clepitt
Self published today, the 3rd September 2017.

Join in C H Clepitt's Cape Launch Party on Facebook today!

How I got this book:
Received a review copy from the author

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


What is better than a sarcastic talking badger? A sarcastic talking badger with superpowers, of course!

Having survived the apocalypse, Kerry is back to being a socially awkward web developer, but when apocalypse survivors start ending up dead, with her next on the list, events begin to spiral out of control. Follow Kerry as she deals with life and fashion challenges, whilst trying to save the world in this hilarious sequel to I Wore Heels to the Apocalypse.

Be a hero, #WearTheCape

Kerry is back and still making event-inappropriate fashion choices! I enjoyed Everything Is Better With A Cape even more than its I Wore Heels To The Apocalypse predecessor and I think it is definitely the most humorous post-apocalyptic fiction I have read! There is little in the way of grim despair in Clepitt's invented world, instead we are faced with superheroic costume choices, gooey robots and a brilliantly sarcastic badger. Badger is undoubtedly my favourite of the characters. I liked that everybody is more strongly portrayed in this sequel which allowed me to understand and empathise with their decisions and actions. Kerry's bull-in-a-china-shop approach to problem-solving means that there is no let up in pace though. She wasn't the only one flying through this story. At times I did find the plot jumps too swift for my taste, but Clepitt's cartoon chapter breaks are a fun story enhancer and serve their purpose well. For light escapism with a hint of romance, Everything certainly Is Better With A Cape!

Etsy Find!
by Wild Things Dresses in
Chorley, England

Click pic to visit Etsy Shop

Search Literary Flits for more:
Books by C H Clepitt / Novellas / Books from England

No comments:

Post a Comment