Monday 7 November 2016

Love, Life, Loss And Leaving by Andrew Baguley and Janet Rawson


Love, Life, Loss And Leaving by Andrew Baguley and Janet Rawson
Published by Citsea Press in January 2013.

Where to buy this book:
Buy the ebook from Amazon.comAmazon.co.uk

How I got this book:
Bought the ebook from Amazon

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

"Authors Andrew Baguley and Janet Rawson have compiled a selection of their most enticing and diverse contemporary stories to thrill, shock and tickle. Where ordinary people react to extra-ordinary events: ‘A roomful of weeping women and him the wrong side of the door.’ ‘You never told me’, she said, ‘where to find the section for Poison Ivy.’ ‘What if it was a larger lady? Could he manage?’"

As it is made up of independent short stories and poems, Love, Life, Loss and Leaving can be dipped into and I found myself returning to the collection on several occasions over the months after I first purchased it. I like the way the book alternates between authors because the different voices compliment each other well. The subjects of the stories appeal to my dark side and there are certainly a few that should not be read too close to bedtime - especially if you're prone to bad dreams. I think my favourite stories are Far Fathoms and Time To Kill by Janet Rawson and The New Jesus by Andrew Baguley.


Search Lit Flits for more:
Books by Andrew Baguley and Janet Rawson / Short stories / Books from England

No comments:

Post a Comment